Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

So, usually at this time I would be scrambling to finish the summer assignments that I left for the last minute, but instead I'm trying to cram in just a few more words into my French vocabulary before school starts tomorrow. It will be the first time I have been a new student...well, since kindergarten. People keep asking me if I'm nervous. Nervous? Well...

I'm scared as hell.

However, I have taken two tours of the school with Isabelle, so I know the general location of most things...cafeteria, gym, study hall, etc. And today, Flo introduced me to some of her friends, who can help me if I get lost at school tomorrow...which is pretty likely. I think I'm going to like this school.
In other news, I walked around Luxembourg (the city) last weekend with Isabelle, and we visited the Grand Duke's palace. She also took my picture with the statue of the Tall Banker. After, I met her parents. I have 4 grandparents here! On Tuesday, my AFS Advisor called me to see how everything is going. Unfortunately, I haven't met her in person, since she didn't go to the Comité Sud-Luxembourg Pot Luck on Friday. Ah, well. On Saturday, we drove to a town in the Flemish part of Belgium a little north of Brussels for a track meet that Flo and Vic were both participating in. It was hard to try to understand French when there were so many people speaking Dutch, but I enjoyed watching the races.

And now, I'm going to bed. I need to be well rested for my first day of school. *gasps*

bonne nuit

No comments:

Post a Comment