Monday, April 18, 2011

Bouillon

Saturday, March 19th, AFS Comité Luxembourg took a trip to Bouillon to visit the Châteaux-Forts. I took the train from Arlon to Libramont, where we met the rest of the group, and we all took the bus together to Bouillon.

While most of us just talked, after not seeing each other since the beginning of February, Luiza took the opportunity to sleep.


When we arrived in Bouillon, the sky was the shade of grey we usually see in Belgium.


We took a group picture on the border of the Semois...



...and then the sun came out.


We took a walk along the shore of the river and saw the Château Fort from below.







We went to a friterie for lunch. I decided to get something very Belgian. I had tried a Mitraillette once before, but I shared it with someone else. Now I know why it was a good plan...I am never going to eat one solo again. Basically, a Mitraillette is a small baguette with meat, fries, and sauce of your choice. But it is a LOT.

After lunch, we went on a tour of the Château Fort itself. We saw a falcon spectacle (presented in French and Dutch) and then took the tour. Our tour guide was rather entertaining.


Me with the Falconer (and the falcon).


The view from the highest point of the Château Fort.




At the end of the day, we paid a visit to a store that sells every kind of Belgian beer. I bought one that was brewed in Bouillon so I could try something regional, though I have yet to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment